FSX Steam Edition: Boeing B-29 Superfortress™ Add-On
About This ContentThe Boeing B-29 Superfortress™ was a giant leap forward in bomber technology and production by the U.S. during WWII. Design studies for a "super bomber" were requested by the U.S. Army Air Corps in November 1939, with a contract for the first two XB-29s™ being awarded in September 1940. The first flight took place in Seattle, Washington in 1941. Various system and structural modifications were made to aircraft following the early test flights. The B-29™ featured a number of firsts, including a fully pressurized cabin, electronic fire-control system, and a 20,000lbs bomb load. It rapidly found favour with crews thanks to its size, speed and range.
- Full virtual cockpit with gauges and controls
- Accurate and functional Engineer's Station
- Bare-metal bump-mapped 2048-pixel texture sets
- Animated doors and togglable bomb load
- Custom engine start-up smoke (note: engines should be started individually)
- Togglable animated crew figures with period flight gear
- Illustrated user manual PDF
- Soundset by Sonic Solutions.
- Paintkit files provided.
**Note – this aircraft does not features a 2D panel
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Memory: 2 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features